Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Weekend to Myself and New Year Goals


Michael took the girls to Tulsa to spend the weekend at his parents.  I had bunco on Friday night, and I usually enjoy the weekend to myself. Unfortunately bunco was not all that fun for me this month and it left me in a bit of a funk. I did get some decent sleep both nights so that was a huge plus. I do enjoy a weekend to myself on the occasion, but this whole break from school has been a little weird. I don't feel like I've been completely able to relax. I always feel like I should be studying. Starting in a week, I'll be back to the grind, so I should totally enjoy it while it is available.

After waking up, I took a look at the dreaded budget. Yuck. We got hit with some major unexpected expenses last year, so we are going to have to be more diligent in staying on the budget. We are going to be going through FPU again. Maybe we will get it and stick with it this time? Dave Ramsey has updated it, so at least it will be newish...maybe. Hopefully.

Then I watched Hatfields and McCoys. I'm kind of spoiled. My Uncle Randy wouldn't let anyone else borrow it until I got the chance to. Even though, he knows it will take me a bit to get it back to him. It was really sad. I'm not sure I recommend it because it is very sad how much hatred they had and how much devastation it caused.

Then I returned to Doctor Who. I had taken a hiatus due to school, but I am back and will hopefully make some good progress within the next week. Even if I have to watch on my phone or iPad.

Also excited that Downton Abbey starts tonight! Season 3! So excited!

As I mentioned above, this break has seemed a little weird. I have a huge list of books that I want to read, but for the life of me, I just cannot seem to get into any of them. Totally not like me. I love to read. I love to escape, I love to stay up later than I should be getting lost in a book, but it totally hasn't been happening. I'm not even feeling crafty. I know what's going to happen, as soon as school starts back up and I need to dive into Chemistry and Nutrition and then I'm going to want to do anything but.

So I don't do resolutions because they don't ever hold up. I do try to make a few goals to try to shoot for. Sticking to the budget better is one. Strengthening my walk with God is on my list. I have signed up for a few plans to follow to help me actually get into the word. I've really slacked off on getting into the word. I have noticed a difference and I'm not proud of it. So encouragement and prayers would be appreciated!

I also have the goal of trying to make a meal plan and sticking with it.  Doing more of the cooking instead of letting 95% fall on Michael is one. I'm not holding my breath on this one, but I am going to try to make an effort. I'm not big on cooking. I like to bake, but that's not really great for the whole trying to eat healthier goal. So those are some things I'm going to strive for. Being more active is one too, but I usually stink at that one. We have the elliptical, but Gabi doesn't appreciate anyone using her jungle gym. We are actually considering selling it because we are afraid she will get hurt on it.


1 comment:

  1. I used emeals for a long time. I still have the recipes and shopping lists. I laminated most of them so I could mark off in the store what I had. You can usually find a code for emeals and I think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete