Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Let's Begin Again

Hello blog world! It's been a while, a long while! Over a year. I've decided to try to give it another go at the blog. Last year was a good year. I'm tracking along at school. I have decided to change my major yet again. I feel that I can do God's work better working as a nurse than I could working in a crime lab or some other similar setting.  Wouldn't it have been nice if I would have stayed on this track in high school? Thankfully the Lord took me on a long detour that put me where I am today.

Our sassy princess is in first grade. She does very well and loves going to school. She is a wonderful big sister and fits the role of oldest child very well! My second to last blog was about her loosing her first tooth in Kindergarten. The new one has just started coming in within the past month! She is playing basketball and has said it is her favorite sport so far. She definitely has the height for it! She now has her own bedroom. We moved her upstairs to the guest room when Dustin moved out. She loves having her own room. It has increased the peace in our house.

Our spunky firecracker is doing her Pre-K at our Mother's Day Out like Miss A did. She is still in speech. She is making great improvements, but still has a long way to go.  She tends to get lazy and not want to put forth the effort needed. She is very detail oriented. She loves doing puzzles and we introduced her to Legos for Christmas. She is playing basketball too, but has not embraced it. She seems to enjoy soccer more. She is very loving and so full of life. She loves that she doesn't have to share a room anymore. Sometimes she takes it too far and doesn't want anyone to come in!

Little Miss Trouble is a handful and a half! She is also in Mother's Day Out and she is having a great year! She is also in speech, but she has made great improvements! I think it is because we had her evaluated as soon as we thought there was a problem instead of following the advice of waiting we were given with Miss P. She picks up so much from MDO and her sisters that she surprises us all the time with what she knows. She knows her colors, can count to 13 by herself, knows most of her alphabet! Neither of her big sisters had these tasks mastered before 2 1/2 so we are super proud!

Michael is still working nights at OU Children's. He still enjoys it. He is an amazing dad and wonderful husband. We are so blessed to have him.  He is very encouraging and patient, because Lord knows, I can be really difficult to live with. Coming up on the 5th we will celebrate 10 years of being together. I thank God for leading me on the path he did and blessing me with this amazing man.

I'm still working on trying to balance everything. Many times, I fail miserably, but there are usually lots of laughs in the process. This semester I will be facing my old nemesis. That's right, I will be taking on Chemistry, and I WILL come out on top this time! I have to, its required! Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment