Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

A day later, but still good! I hope everyone had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family. Our celebrations were definitely filled with lots of love and happiness! The girls got spoiled, but it was all within practical reason this year.

Thursday evening we celebrated with my mom's family. That's usually were the excessiveness comes in, but it was all very reasonable.

Friday morning we celebrated with my father's family. It was a wonderful time seeing family that we don't get to see as often. It's always so touching to see the joy that great-grandchildren bring!

On the way back I got pulled over for my tag. I knew it was expired, but I had misplaced the paperwork to get it taken care of. I knew it was bad, but I was thinking ticket at the worst. When the guy told me he was considering impounding my car, it was all I could do to not have a huge meltdown. Thankfully, I didn't even get a written warning.

My mom and sister followed me home. We stopped at the McDonalds at the midway and my car dies. Thankfully, I had jumper cables and my mom was able to jump me. I backed into the garage in case I need jumped again when I go to start it.

I think I might have a bit of an emotional meltdown that night. I thought I was getting sick with the shivering and aching. Thankfully I was still able to perform my duties as Santa's helper!

Piper was up way to early, especially for staying up until almost midnight. She didn't try to get into anything, she just wanted some time with her daddy. Her excitement caused Gabbie to wake up which made it hard for me to get things ready for our day.

Allie slept in until 930. Then they opened stockings and played with presents from the trip. My mom and Ksty got here a little after 11 and then the preparations for Christmas dinner began. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, corn, green beans, deviled eggs, rolls, pumpkin pie and banana split cake. It was all pretty decent for my first time hosting, if I do say so myself. At least no one said anything if there was something that needed improvement.

The only downside has been the uber stuffed up noses and the copious amounts of snot everyone is dealing with. The two little girls are also dealing with coughs. Gabbie has had a couple of nights where it has interrupted our sleep.

I keep trying to help clear her out with saline, but she keeps getting choked up on all the drainage. So today we stayed home because I really don't want her to pick up anything else. I'm adding a few pictures to show how Gabbie wraps the men in our family around her little finger!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment